10 Pair STUB Module with gel filled 3 meter or 6 meter Cable , PC
Key Specifications/Special Features:
AS-STB(-P) is a copper pair connector specifically designed to fit
onto 35 mm DIN rails. It is designed to connect 2 copper pairs and
has common features such as:
- Water proof, sealed IDC termination
- Disconnection and testing facilities
- Tooless termination
The product is generally composed of:
1) a body, including the IDC termination inlets, the earth contact,
the DIN rail clip
2) a removable plug, which can be grey or red depending on function
3) a plug latch, blue in colour, which prevents the plug from being
lost when disconnected from the main body
Main body STB features 2 cable connection points, one for each
side, each operated by means of a flat screwdriver and equipped
with 2 IDC (Insulation Displacement Contact) terminations.
Termination area is filled with a sealing compound aiming at
protecting the conductor/IDC connection surface from Logo ,humidity
or other external agents. In the middle, a socket mating with the
continuity/Protection plug is available. An earth contact is
located in the middle of this socket and extends to the bottom of
the main body make with the DIN rail and provide earth continuity.
All the main body is filled from the bottom side with an epoxy
potting resin, which gives, together with the sealing compound as
mentioned above ,a great deal of water proofing.
A sliding hook, with spring, allows easy installation/withdrawal
from a standard 35 mm DIN rail.
IDC (Insulation Displacement Contact) technology makes the
connection by means of a standard flat screwdriver. The contact is
filled with a grease-insulating compound and additionally has a
transparent plate, which allows easier positioning onto the
· Wire Gauges
The 2 IDC sides are designed to accept different cable diameters,
named CW (customer wiring) and DW (drop wiring). However the 2
sides can me mechanically the same as far as all test criteria
mentioned in his specification are passed.
· Filling compound
The sealing compound used is located into the IDC area; it has a
high degree of protection against
humidity and corrosive agents and a melting point above 90°C.
Special conic gaskets made of
transparent silicon rubber are located on the cable entry points
and prevent sealing compound from exiting the cable entry when wire
· Continuity/Protection plugs
Plugs of both type are equipped with internal bridges making
between IN and OUT of the connector.
Protection plug is also equipped with a tri-pole gas arrestor, and
with an earth contact.
Both plug types are filled with sealing compound (or jelly) and are
equipped with an “o” ring gasket ,which keeps the contact area to
the main body away from moisture and humidity, when plug is in
place,Plugs are also equipped with 2 testing holes located on top
of the plug. Testing holes allow a probe handled by the operator to
touch the relevant a/b wire and execute in-line electrical tests.
· Materials (supplier shall prove material origin and features
within each delivery lot)
- Wire housing body: Transparent polycarbonate
- Main Body & Plug: V0 polycarbonate grey RAL 7040 (excluding
protection plug, RED colour)
- Contacts (all) and earth contact: Phosphor bronze B/ UNI 2527
NIKEL/TIN coating, minimum thickness of 2.54 µm each
- Terminating screws Zinc alloy, nickel coated, 2.54 µm min
thickness, mirror finish
- Potting sealant: Epoxy resin, black
- Cable and Plug sealant: Silicone fluid, melting point > 90°C
- Plug “O” ring: EPDM
- cable conic gasket: Thermoplastic rubber